Why Shop Local
There are several advantages to working with your local jeweler for your jewelry buying and servicing needs. A lot of these revolve around service, expertise, and trust, but there are definite financial and community advantages too. Let’s take a look at a few reasons why you should buy from your local jeweler!
10 Reasons to shop at your local jewelry store
- Your local jeweler is very likely to either be an expert or have experts in-store. From gemologist qualifications to master crafts-people with specific skills honed over decades, your local jeweler is often just that, a jeweler, not simply someone selling something.
- Your local jeweler will stand by their products and services. They can’t simply hide from a problem and will address it in your community setting. When their doors are open, you can go in and talk to them.
- You can see and touch the items at your local jeweler. Feel the weight, see the sparkle and check the options before you buy.
- Your local jeweler may offer repairs, servicing, custom design, financing, and several other services not afforded by online or other providers.
- Your local jeweler lives and works in your community. Their kids often know yours, they play in the teams and support the same people as you.
- Don’t be fooled by pricing. Often, your jeweler provides very different quality and certification than what may seem a cheaper price. Always compare apples to apples because you may not have all the information for a proper comparison.
- Many jewelers provide appraisals for insurance reasons. Check with them on this, or if they know a good source.
- Many jewelers provide incredible custom-designed jewelry to your exact needs. You can work with them to create a masterpiece your family will own for generations.
- Jewelers have the tools to properly grade diamonds and metals. You may have what you think, but they can tell you definitively.
- Shopping at a local jewelry store is fun. Staff are there to provide not only expertise but a special experience. Stores often have social events, buyer shows, and other fun things to do and participate in.
What have we missed? Tell us about your experiences here